Thursday, May 27, 2010

Williamsville Christian Church

Matthew 7:25-27 (New International Version)

(25)The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock. (26)But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. (27)The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash."


As Christians, our lives are built with the solid stones of promise from our Lord God. We are held together, not by man made mortar, but by God's truths that mold us where we need to be and keeps us solid in those truths. God is always our Protector He is always our Safe Place. No matter how strong the winds blow or how hard the rains pound- God is still very much in control.

We witnessed this first hand this past week in Williamsville, IL. Very unexpectedly, a tornado touched down in our small town and within minutes, precious items and things we held dear were all changed almost immediately. I witnessed my home church take a huge brunt of the storm and it left the building in rubble. I saw other business crumble before my eyes, as if it was all happening in a dream. I saw people crying, screaming, desperate for direction- Now, what do we do???

The Bible says we rejoice. The Bible says we look at this challenge and we step out of our comfort zones and show the secular world that Christians follow the voice of Jesus= He's or Foreman- He's our Master Builder- PTL

I believe with all my heart that God has a HUGE plan for Williamsville Christian Church- we might not be able to see or completely understand it right now, but as long as we leave Christ in control- it will turn out FINE. Because WCC isn't about the building structure, it's about the members. Members that have heart, members that allow Christs love to shine through this dark day because they believe the Jesus is lighting the way to a brighter tomorrow.

Watching the back-loaders and dump trucks hall away the brick and contents made me a little sad, but seeing the congregation smiling and working together to clear the old so the new can be reveled, did my heart good.

WCC is the first church I remember attending. A very young preacher called on my parents and invited them to come and check it out, so they did and they both were very impressed by the Word that was teached and the presence of the Spirit. WCC is a huge part of me and my childhood memories. I remember my first Sunday school teacher, Mrs. Loraine Rhodes. I was involved in years of VBS and Youth Groups, I gave my life to the Lord and was baptized at WCC. I was married at WCC- I watched my own children participate in VBS and Sunday School through the years and all the memories will forever remain in my heart.

It is my prayer for each member of WCC that they will step back, unite and pray for God to speak to each heart and come together stronger and more ready than every to face the world for Christ. It's not the end, it's only the beginning.


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment