Sunday, May 23, 2010

More Than Enough

More Than Enough

Psalm 4 (The Message)
A David Psalm
1 When I call, give me answers.. God, take my side! Once, in a tight place, you gave me room;
Now I'm in trouble again: grace me! hear me!

2 You rabble—how long do I put up with your scorn?
How long will you lust after lies?
How long will you live crazed by illusion?

3 Look at this: look
Who got picked by God!
He listens the split second I call to him.

4-5 Complain if you must, but don't lash out.
Keep your mouth shut, and let your heart do the talking.
Build your case before God and wait for his verdict.

6-7 Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more," they say.
"More, more."
I have God's more-than-enough,
More joy in one ordinary day

7-8 Than they get in all their shopping sprees.
At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep,
For you, God, have put my life back together.


Don't you just love how The Message translation intrepretes this scripture? I do- it is full of God's promise for us. It shows His providence for us. His shelter for us. It says to me that we can call on Him anytime and He's waiting and ready to attend to us- does it get any better than that?

I used to be quite the shopper. The years have slowed me down although my precious husband might disagree now that grandchildren have hit the scene. But I love verse 6-8 that says "Why is everyone hungry for more? "More, more, they say. "More, more." I have God's more-than enough, more joy in one ordinary day than they get in all their shopping sprees." Speaking as an "X-Shopaholic", I love that I have "God's more-than-enough". "More than enough" means you don't have to want for anything. He is our total Provider. He is our "Retail Therapy" We can not ask for more than He's willing to give (within His Will). And only through His Will do we find true happiness and contentment. Not with houses, or cars. Not with money or fame- He's enough- 100% the Real Deal!

Finally it says "At day's end I'm ready for sound sleep"- so instead of "shopping till you drop"- allow Him to shop so you can drop and rest assured He's providing for you, no stings attached. No coupons needed, no rebates or refunds. He's got you covered- rest in His peace!

Heavenly Father- You are the Great Provider. You and You alone supply my every need. Forgive me when I selfishly think I need more. You are ALWAYS more than enough and I praise You for that. Help me to be thankful in everything-for everything.
In Jesus Name- AMEN

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment