Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Shells

I have strength for all things in Christ Who empowers me [I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him Who infuses inner strength into me; I am self-sufficient in Christ's sufficiency].

Philippians 4:13 (Amplified Bible)


One of the best gifts I received this year was a purse. Now, for those of you that know me, I'm a woman that has a FEW of this hand held items :) I LOVE purses. But this purse was unique because it's really a hard shell that you purchase different wraps and you can change the outside without even having to touch the inside. It's a wonderful concept!

I can only speak as a woman, but I know throughout the years I have juggled so many different outer shells. I'm a wife, a mother, a grandmother, an employee, a sister, an aunt, a friend, a daughter, a niece, a granddaughter and I'm sure that's just the beginning of the list. But of all my "titles" being a Christian is the one I hold most dear. I consider myself a Christian inside and out. I feel as a Christian, when people meet me they can tell I'm a Christian by the way I act, speak and represent my faith on a daily basis. And I pray that never changes even as I transform my outer shells at times. I wish I could tell you that it's always obvious, but it isn't. I'm ashamed to say there are many times my temper, or attitude gets the best of me and I do just the opposite of being an Ambassador for Christ.

We can get so caught up in all the shells we juggle on a daily basis that we forget the most important one. I'm speaking for myself here- this new year I pray that I can change that in my life. I know I can't be perfect, but I'm always forgiven and instead of throwing my hands up and getting so frustrated I want to just quit some areas in my life, I want to remember that I can do ALL things through Christ that gives me Strength! My outer shells will always be changing, but my inner one will just continue to grow and get stronger and more obvious. I believe He can do that in me and I believe He can do that in you!

Father God, I praise You for being the God of new beginnings. I thank you for all the "shells" you have allowed me to have. I ask that You allow Your Holy Spirit to work in my life so that I will shine in all areas of my life for You and Your Kingdom.

In Jesus Name- AMEN

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment