Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Noble Woman

She fell in love at 16. It soon became obvious that this could be the man she would spend the rest of her life with. Yes, and at 18, fresh out of high school, they married and that was the beginning of their lives together...

They lived on love for the first few years of their lives as man and wife and soon became so excited to realize they would soon be parents. But fate stepped in and soon after the pregnancy began, it also ended. They held on to their love and another year passed and again, wonderful news of a new life that had begun. Nine months later, she delivered, but again the Lord spoke, it was not their time and He took their second child to heaven.

Devastated, broken and lonely, she cried many tears and questioned many things- but she loved her husband, and didn't loose hope that someday she would be a mother. A few years later, her prayers were answered and she gave birth to a very healthy baby girl and two years later- a son.

At 23 years old she gave her life totally to the Lord and has never looked back...

Let me tell you about this incredible woman. She reared these two children to love and serve the Lord with all their hearts. Though not perfect, she was always an example of unconditional love. These two children never went without. Never went to bed dirty or hungry. They were always supported physically as well as mentally. The children both grew and started lives of their own and still she was there to lead and advise.

Besides the challenges she faced to become a mother early in her life, many years ago she was also diagnoses with breast cancer but she never lost her faith or the love for her God. The Lord was merciful and she was completely cured and continues to love and serve Him daily. She has been a devoted wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend to everyone who knows her.

Of course I'm speaking of my mother. My wonderful mother who I love with all my heart. Who has taught me so much about the woman I wish to become. Who has loved me through the good and the bad. Who has taught me so much about the Lord and His grace and mercy. I wish to honor her today and everyday and I am so grateful to God for allowing her to be MY mother.

If you've blessed today to have your mother in your life- praise God! It is my prayer that everyone would have a mother like mine. I know the one determining factor that makes her the best is her love and devotion to God. Thank you mom for loving me enough to teach me about Him. Thank you for the discipline, for the love and for the example.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
29 "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."

Proverbs 31: 28 & 29



Happy Mothers Day- I Love You Mom!


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment